Why is Safeguarding important to us?
We want Apprentices and Learners to enjoy safe, positive working and learning environments throughout their journey with us. We believe everyone has a right to be safe while learning, on a work placement or in their place of work. Likewise, individuals have a responsibility not to harm other people. If you are experiencing any issues at work, at home, during your time training with us, or anywhere else, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What is Safeguarding?
It relates to the action taken to promote the welfare of children and young people to protect them from harm.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, it:
- Protects children and young people from abuse and maltreatment
- Prevents harm to children and young people’s health or development
- Ensures children and young people grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- Takes action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
How can I be harmed?
You might be suffering from some form of abuse if you are:
- Being physically hurt or emotionally harmed
- Being made to do something you don’t want to (including sexual acts)
- Bullying, including cyber bullying
- Discriminated against because of:
What can I do?
Keep yourself safe and take control of your safety:
- Don’t add or accept people you don’t know to online profiles
- Delete any online contacts who are offensive, threatening or causing trouble
- Share your concerns. Talk to:
- Your assessor
- Your manager
- A colleague
- Contact a helpline
Bullying can take on different shapes and appear in many forms – some more recognisable than others. It is subjective and affects people differently, but the bottom line is that bullying in any form is unacceptable.
Bullying is behaviour that is usually repeated over time and that intentionally hurts another individual or group, physically or emotionally.
One person or a group can bully others. Bullying can also take place using social media such as Facebook and mobile phones. This is called cyber bullying.
At Heathrow Employment & Skills Academy we take all of our safeguarding duties, including the prevention of bullying, very seriously.
If you are affected or are aware of anyone who is, please use our form to report any issues or speak to a member of our team.
Our full Safeguarding Policy & Processes are available here.